TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP (from 1 April 2007)
1. FIXED TERM MEMBERSHIPS
The person who is wishing to become a member must complete an application form accompanied by an initial joining payment, this includes the notice fee, joining fee and pro rated fee. Fixed term memberships attract a discounted rate, therefore if you terminate this membership early you will not be entitled to a refund (this does not affect your statutory rights). The people who are looking for a shorter period of membership should therefore consider our monthly membership option.
2. MONTHLY MEMBERSHIPS
- Persons wishing to become members must complete an application form accompanied by an initial payment covering the joining fee, notice fee and pro-rated monthly membership fee. Subsequent monthly fees are payable in advance by direct debit. Direct Debit payments will be debited on or just after the 1st of each month.
- If a membership is cancelled, the joining fee will be payable again on renewal of membership. To fully cancel your membership you must fill out one of our cancellation form so it can be processed properly. The 14 days notice will take effect from when this form is fully completed.
- If a member does not attend the club having purchased a membership, they will not be entitled to a refund of membership fee. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Any increase in membership costs will be notified to you at least 30 days before the increase takes effect. You may end this contract at any time before the increase comes into effect by giving us 14 days notice in writing and completing our cancellation form.
- Members will only be permitted to use the facilities provided your membership is current and not in arrears.
- Members are classed as adults from the age of 16. Children on family membership will change their status to single membership at the age of 16.
- Customers purchasing 24 Month to Month membership cannot cancel before the end of the 24 month period as this is a minimum fixed term contract. Any cancelation before the end of the 24 month period will mean that all monies due to end of the contract will become payable immediately.
3. MEMBERSHIP CARDS
Each member will be issued a membership card, which will remain the property of fresh fitness and on termination of membership will be returnable to fresh fitness.
Membership must be produced on all visits to fresh fitness and no access will be allowed to the facilities without production of a membership card must be returned to fresh fitness immediately.
THERE IS AN ADMINISTRATION CHARGE OF £5 PER REPLACEMENT CARD.
4. SUSPENSION OF MEMBERSHIP (MEMBERSHIP FREEZE)
This option allows members to suspend their full membership due to illness, injury, pregnancy or exceptional circumstances. Any request for suspension must be made in writing and will be at the discretion of the directors.
A payment of £5 per member per month is payable and any application for suspension will require 14 days written notice, this must include a date from and to.
5. USE OF EQUIPMENT
In the absence of any negligence or breach of any legal duty by Fresh Fitness, the use by the member of any Fresh Fitness equipment or facilities is entirely at the members own risk.
An initial induction will take place before you are able to use the gym explaining the safe and proper use of each item of equipment will be available to members on joining Fresh Fitness. This induction phase is compulsory. If you have been a previous member we will need to ensure you are competent in using the equipment safely. The attendance of the induction is the responsibility of the member. The member acknowledges that they must not use any equipment unless they are satisfied that they are competent to do so safely and properly.
The member must use the equipment and facilities safely and properly, and take care to safeguard their own health and safety and that of other members.
Fresh Fitness will not be responsible for any loss or injury to the member to the extent that it is caused by their own unsafe or improper use of the equipment or the facilities.
The Member acknowledges that they will be responsible for any harm or injury that they cause to another member or to Fresh Fitness to the extent that it is caused by their own unsafe or improper use of the equipment or the facilities.
The management reserve the right to suspend membership at any time if a member does not adhere to safe and proper use of Fresh Fitness equipment as instructed by the staff.
6. VALUABLES AND LIABILITY
In the absence of any negligence or breach of any other legal duty. Fresh Fitness shall not be responsible for or liable for any loss or damage to the member’s possessions which are not locked into one of the lockers provided. It is the Members responsibility to check that the locker is properly locked and secure before leaving the possession in it and their duty to check and secure the locker.
7. UPGRADE/DOWNGRADE OF MEMBERSHIP TYPE
If a member wishes to upgrade or downgrade their membership type, Fresh Fitness requires 14 days’ notice in writing and an upgrade fee will be payable. Members on a single membership will not be allowed to upgrade to a couple membership with an existing member. There is a limit to the amount of changes members can make. From time to time special offers may be made to new members. Existing members will not be allowed to switch membership to these special offers.
Member must check in at reception for any booking sessions. Members are required to give 24 hours notice if they are unable to attend the session or the current rate for the session may be payable.
Fresh Fitness may from time to time change or add to these terms and conditions for security, legal or regulatory reasons. We will give you at least 30 days notice of any charges or additions. You may end this contract at any time before they come into effect by giving us 14 days notice in writing.
Membership fees have been calculated to reflect opening and closing times throughout the year and there will be reduced opening times during the Christmas period.
From time to time certain facilities may not be available due to maintenance work or other circumstances. Prior notice will be given where possible but management reserve the right to close facilities without notice if there is a Health and Safety concern.
For the safety of children a speed limit of 10mph is imposed throughout the park and this must be strictly observed. The Highway Code for public roads applies to vehicles on the park. No liability is accepted for any damage caused by Roadway Sleepers.
10. TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP
Fresh Fitness requires at least 14 days notice in writing and an exit survey completed should the Member not wish to renew their monthly membership to enable us to update our systems. In such circumstances it is the member’s responsibility to cancel their Direct Debit with their bank. Fresh Fitness will return the Notice Fee to the member when the contract ends, less a deduction for any outstanding fees that have not been paid. This must be requested in writing at the point of cancellation. If the member has cancelled their Direct Debit before giving notice, or has not paid their fees up to date on the day when the contract ends, and the amount the member owes to Fresh Fitness is more than the Notice Fee, Fresh Fitness will keep the Notice Fee and the member must pay the balance of the sums owing to Fresh Fitness within 7 days.